Personal information is collected and used for participation in and completion of a course and for issuing a certificate. When using the KROHNE Academy online, personal data is stored. The data that is stored in the system is managed by the administrator and by KROHNE. Details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the user registers for a course that was jointly developed with our partners (Example: Course “Functional Safety (SIL)”). In this instance, data can be provided, but exclusively to these partners e.g. for a better classification and for processing of requests.
This concerns also information requests regarding the courses contents. In this case, personal data as well as the course status of a participant, might be transferred inside the KROHNE organisation for clarification. Furthermore, KROHNE reserves the right to contact registered participants for the exchange of experiences as well as for additional information about completed courses.
The personal data of a user is stored in the system, until the user decides to cancel the free of charge membership either
- By deleting the account directly on the platform in the personal settings or
- By sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Furthermore, an automatic deletion of a user account takes place, in case the user was not logged into the platform for two years. Before the user deletion takes place however, the user will be notified and reminded automatically two times: the first time four weeks ahead the day of deletion, the second time, on the day when the deletion will take place. Please note that the user data including all course results is then irrevocably deleted.
The internet pages partly use so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and stored by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our website. You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and allow cookies only in individual cases, the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally exclude and enable the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
Users analysis on the website with Matomo
This website uses Matomo, an open source software for statistical analysis of visitors on the website. Matomo uses so-called “Cookies”, text files, that are stored on your computer, to help analyse how users use the website. The “session cookies” used are text files that are temporarily stored on your computer. Once the browser is closed, they will be deleted again. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website is stored on a server at Düsseldorf, Germany. Collected data about user behavior on our website will not be disclosed to third parties and are used to identify and improve relevant content of our website.
The IP address is anonymised immediately after processing and before storage.
KROHNE uses services of etracker GmbH from Hamburg, Germany (www.etracker.com) for the analysis of usage data. Cookies are used that allow a statistical analysis of the use of this website by its visitors and the display of usage-related content or advertising. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the Internet browser on the user’s device. etracker cookies do not contain any information that makes it possible to identify a user.
The data generated by etracker are processed and stored by etracker exclusively in Germany on behalf of the provider of this website and are thus subject to the strict German and European data protection laws and standards. etracker was independently audited, certified and awarded the ePrivacyseal.
Data processing takes place on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). Our justified interest lies in the optimization of our online offer and our website. Since the privacy of our visitors is particularly important to us, the IP address is anonymised as early as possible at etracker and log-in or device identifiers are converted into a unique, but not assigned to a person key. Any other use, e.g. merging with other data or a transfer to third parties by etracker, is excluded.
You may object to the above-described data processing at any time, provided it is personal. Your opposition has no adverse consequences for you.
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Used operating system
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
These data can not be assigned to specific persons. A merge of this data with other data sources will not be done. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively, if we become aware of specific indications for illegal use.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored in order to process the request and in case of follow-up questions. We will not share this information without your consent.
Advertising and conversion cookies
Advertising and conversion cookies are used to make on other sites outside our offer advertising more relevant for you, e.g. based on your interests. Also, this prevents that the same advertisements are displayed again to you. With these cookies, we can also measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns based on anonymous and pseudonymous user profiles and understand how users interact with our advertisements and what actions the users have implemented after interacting with the respective advertising material (so-called “conversion”):
- This website uses Google AdWords. AdWords is an online advertising program of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). As part of Google AdWords, we use the so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set. Cookies are small text files that the Internet browser stores on the user’s computer. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for the personal identification of the users. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not expired yet, Google and we can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
- Google Adwords Conversion Tracking: Within the Google AdWords service, we use the conversion tracking function as well. A “conversion” is a specific action of the user (e.g. ordering a newsletter, registering on the site), e.g. when you click on an ad we have placed (on Google itself, so-called “Google Ads”, or on other sites within the Google Display Network). The information that is collected using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. The cookies can not be tracked through the websites of advertisers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users. You can disable interest-based ads on Google as well as interest-based Google ads on the web (within the Google Display Network) in your browser by clicking the “Off” button under https://adssettings.google.com. For more information on your Google’s setting options and privacy, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en. The storage of “conversion cookies” is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. of GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behavior in order to optimise both its website and its advertising.
- Linked In Conversion Tracking: On our website, we use the analysis and conversion tracking technology of the LinkedIn platform. This LinkedIn technology allows you to view more relevant ads based on your interests. We also provide LinkedIn with aggregated and anonymous reporting of ad activities and information about how you interact with our website. For more information on LinkedIn privacy, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy#choices-oblig. You can disregard the analysis of your usage behavior by LinkedIn as well as the display of interest-based recommendations (“opt-out”): Click the “Reject on LinkedIn button” (for LinkedIn members) or Reject (for other users) at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of sensitive content, such as the requests you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from “http: //” to “https: //” and the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us can not be read by third parties.
Right of information, deletion, blocking
At any time you have the right to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient and the purpose of the data processing and a right to correct, block or delete this data. For further information on personal data you can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint.
By using this site you consent to the processing of the data in the matter described above, and only for the purposes set out above.