Today, every company looks at sustainability not only as a legally imposed requirement, but more so as a long-term success factor.
On their way to the highest possible level of sustainability, chemical companies have to consider measures to reduce the ecological footprint of their processes.
From the view point of instrumentation, examples are given that support a chemical company on its way to the highest possible level of sustainability.
- legal requirements (example)
- environmental factors, greenhouse gases
- long-term success factors:
– energy efficiency/conservation
– control quality optimization
– predictive maintenance and long life cycle